District Coaching Message
If you are interested in when, how and/or where to become certified to coach at the next level, go to www.usahockey.com and go into the coaching section. Once there, follow the prompts that will direct you to a series of coaching clinics in your area.
USA Hockey will be re-structuring the coaching program to comply with the new Long Term Athlete Development Model. Get the details as they become available on the USA Hockey website.
Just a reminder that all USA Hockey sanctioned on-ice events require all coaches to wear helmets while on the ice. Note that High School Hockey and Junior Hockey are exempted from this requirement.
Avoiding the Coaching Cliff:
What a Coach Should Do Before the December 31 Deadline
- Register as a COACH with USA Hockey for this season.
- Register for a CLINIC. The clinic season runs from September to December. Clinics are usually posted by early August.
- Attend the CLINIC that you need to stay current by the December 31 Deadline. If you are not sure what clinic you should attend go to the USA Hockey’s website Coaches Certification List to check you current certification and the expiration date.
- Complete all the AGE-SPECIFIC MODULES for each age group you are coaching by the December 31 deadline. If you are coaching the same age group you do not have to do the modules over again.
- Complete the SafeSport Certification.